Sunday, 9 August 2009
We used midi drums for this one, Kevin "KJ" Bartlett will be in the next video, we promise!
Paul Gilbert - The Curse of Castle Dragon Guitar & Bass Cover
The song is from Second Heat album of Racer x, with Paul Gilbert - Guitars (Mr Big, PintSize), Bruce Bouillet - Guitars, John(Juan) Alderete - Bass (Mars Volta), Scott Travis - Drums (Judas Priest). This song is extracted from the Space Ship Live DVD of Paul Gilbert, played by Paul Gilbert, Marco Minnemann (Ilegal Aliens, Necrophagist, etc) and Linus of Hollywood (Size 14, Pintsize, etc)
Racer X - Scarified 【Em Key】
Hey guys ... as most of you already know by now... I recently started out a new website called www.wildguitar.tk ... but I'm only able to make like 1 video a week ... so recently I started out getting other people... so far it's been a few players I knew from youtube ...one of them is Matt, a 18 year old kid with jem .. he's got a nice little pentatonic lesson in the site ... and I'm trying to get a few more guys ... But I don't think I can find better player than in JP forum... I've personally had many many many monthly jams over here... and everyone of them kicked ass ... So I was just wonderin if anyone would be interested in submittin some videos to my site ... Can't really offer to pay you or anything .. but there's not much restriction like having a neat background or stuff like that .. as long as it's audible and kicks ass it's fine with me ... If you guys have a website/blog/youtube-channel/etx... let me know I'll put up a promo along with your video ...
So if anyone;'s interested ... lemme know
The fastest browser on the planet
The distributed denial-of-service (DDOS) attacks that knocked out Twitter for hours and affected other sites like Facebook, Google's Blogger, and LiveJournal on Thursday continued all day Friday and may persist throughout the weekend.
"The DDoS attack is still ongoing, and the intensity has not decreased at all," wrote Chad Etzel, from Twitter's application development platform support team.
This means that Twitter will maintain a set of defensive measures that have allowed it to keep the site up but that also have affected the interaction of third-party applications with the site via its API (application programming interface). "At this point, removing any of those defenses is not an option," Etzel wrote.
$5K Online Guitar Solo Contest
Enter to win FREE! Monthly and annual prizes…Grand Prize valued at over $5,000 in cash and gear!
- Minimum $100 monthly cash prize*
- Write-up in the InfamousGuitar.com Hall of Fame, highlighting your bio and solo
- National press release promoting your victory, reviewing your guitar solo, and promoting you and/or your band
- Official InfamousGuitar.com winner's t-shirt
- Other cool prizes from our sponsors (when available)
- Entry into the Annual InfamousGuitar.com Online Guitar Solo Contest Finals, where you can win over $5,000 in cash and prizes*
*See rules for specific details
1. All entries must be no longer than 1 minute long
2. Any 6 string guitar or 7 string guitar will qualify, whether electric, steel string, or nylon string
3. Entries must not exceed one minute
4. Entries must be in .mp3 format
5. All work must be original and be first recorded within 30 days of the month the contest is being held, no old recordings
6. All styles are acceptable
7. Recordings must be of good quality, as the winning solo will be promoted online. Poor recordings will receive low ratings in the judging system.
8. No backing tracks or looped music are allowed; the solo must be one guitar only, with no accompaniment.
9. The solo must be played live; no mixing of separate tracks to compile a clean solo. Winning solos will be electronically and manually examined for punch-ins and spliced tracks.
10. No contestant may have more than 3 solos entered in any given month.
11. Once a solo is entered, it may not be un-entered, so be careful when you upload. Don't email us and ask, we won't do it. This is to prevent competitors from "floating" solos out there to hear what people think, then resubmitting over and over. This would create a disadvantage to guitar players who have less time available to continually re-submit solos all day.
1. Solos will be judged by a combination of a user feedback system and analysis by InfamousGuitar.com staff
2. The top rated 10 solos, as determined by user voting, will be chosen for evaluation. If obvious anomalies, technical problems, or cheating appears in the voting results, InfamousGuitar.com reserves the right to throw out all voting results and choose solos to review based on the staff's preference. If this should happen, a moderator will post the reasons why the decision was made.
3. A total of 50 possible points will be awarded for each solo, with a possible ten points from each category. The categories shall be:
Cleanliness and Technique
How smooth and tight is the playing? Are there obvious mistakes? Is the timing "right"? Are you doing things that are technically amazing or impressive? (That doesn't just mean speed, folks)
Do you sound identical to Vai, Hendrix, or SRV? Are you using unique and interesting chops?
Is your recording good enough to promote? Is the dog barking in the background? Does it sound like you're in a bathroom, or underwater? Remember, the main purpose of the contest is t get your guitar solo out there and noticed; guitar players can look past bad recordings and see real talent, but the general public won't want to listen to a poor recording all the way through.
Does your solo make the listener get all choked up? Get up and dance? Run around naked?
Would the listener put your solo on their iPod and listen to it over and over? Is it catchy, fun, or intense to listen to? Would people run around and tell their friends how good it is? Would people pay to hear you play based on your solo.
4. Ties will not be broken. Tying contestants will share prizes and promotional benefits equally.
5. Judges decisions are final. Users may comment respectfully on judges opinions in the forums, but over-the-top complaining will result in removal from the site. NO WHINING!
This is an amateur contest, meant to help amateur guitar players gain infamy. Professional recording artists are not eligible to compete or win. The threshold for being considered "professional" is having sold, directly or indirectly, more than 10,000 copies of your guitar playing, whether via a solo project, band, or other fashion, in your lifetime. Indie recording artists are welcome to participate, but the "10,000 copies sold" rule will be applied diligently.
Guitarists of any age may compete. If a person under the age of 18 wishes to compete, their parent or legal guardian must first consent to the contest terms and conditions on their behalf.
If a contestant is disqualified, the 2nd place runner up shall be promoted to winner, and receive all prizes and promotional benefits.
A note from the judges...
A complete listing of the rules is available when registering to compete for the contest. However, please continue to check the main contest pages for updates. This site is new, so as we learn more about what works, what doesn't, and what YOU - our contestants want, we will be making changes to the rules.
Event Location : RUBY LOUNGE MANCHESTER
Event Date and Time : 06/10/2009 7:30 pm
SOUNDSGREAT AND WESTSIDE DISTRIBUTION IN CONJUNCTION WITH SCHECTER GUITARS PRESENTS AND EVENING WITH
JEFF LOOMIS FROM SEATTLE BASED BAND NEVERMORE
TUESDAY OCTOBER 6TH 7.30PM
THE RUBY LOUNGE
28 TO 34 HIGH STREET
NORTHERN QUARTER, MANCHESTER, M4 1QB
Tickets available: 400
get your ticket
AUTHENTIC JASON BECKER SIGNATURE GUITAR from ParadiseGuitarsUSA.com
THIS IS A ONE-TIME SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER!!!!
FOR A LIMITED TIME, THIS $2800 GUITAR CAN BE YOURS FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $1399.
This speed playing guitar with incredible tone and action includes:
>Authentic Floyd Rose PRO Bridge
>Custom Numbered Inlaid Maple neck
>Sperzel Custom Red tuners
>24 fret/6100 Jumbo frets
>16 inch radius neck
>Custom colored DiMarzio Humbucker pickups (1-Tone Zone, 1-HS2, 1-PAF Pro, )
>14 degree tiltback Inlaid Headstock
>Genuine Hand picked Alder solid body
>500k pot and 5-way switch
>2-way steel reinforced truss rod
>Custom pickup rings
>Custom colored 1-11 volume knob
IF YOU LIKE A Jem, RG550, Gibson SG, PRS, Stratocaster, Telecaster, or love your Les Paul, YOU
WILL ABSOLUTELY BE IN LOVE with this priceless collectible at a KILLER ONE-TIME PRICE.
This guitar is fast and easy to play with great balance.
At this special price, there will be a minimum of a 6 week period before shipping.
Special Note: We use a beautiful use a Tung oil finish, which is by far, the finest natural wood finish in existence. Tung oil allows the wood to breathe and resonate better, for the ultimate in tone.
Live For All -Live For One [DVD+CD]
1. RED HORIZON
2. NEW LEGEND
3. LAST NEW SONG
4. AIM AT THE TOP
6. SIGN OF REVOLUTIONS
7. BEYOND OF THE GROUND
9. CHASING THE WIND
10. GUITAR SOLO
11. TECHNICAL STRESS
14. CRY FOR THE DARK
15. SHRIEK OF THE VENGEANCE
16. QUIET WISH(1ST ENCORE)
17. WHISPER IN THE RED SKY(1ST ENCORE)
18. MY LAST FAREWELL(2ND ENCORE)
19. STRUGGLE FOR THE FREEDOM FLAG(2ND ENCORE)
20. SILENT REVELATION(3RD ENCORE)
21. SUN GOES DOWN(3RD ENCORE),THE
Galneryus - Guitar Solo (Live for all...)
Paul Gilbert Clinic Castle Levizzano Rangone, 13 July 2009. AV Events Organization, Aerosmith
Lord Of The Thighs, explanation of how he built the guitar for the song.
To listen carefully, Paul gives really good advice on how to build parts of the guitar solo ... and a super-class on time and on TIME! - NOW 10 videos in this series
Paul Gilbert Clinic al Castello di Levizzano Rangone
Hi there! What you see here is a jam over a backing track I've created... the track sounded "orange" to me, so hence the video title. :) There is a main theme that I embellish as the track progresses, but for the main solo I just improvise, so you get the best of both worlds. :)))
If you are interested in the backing track, feel free to contact me and I will send it to you. ;)
Damir Puh - Orange Jam
Highlights include SOLID Spruce Top, SOLID Maple back & sides (No laminates, this guitar is made of solid wood!) 24 Fret Ebony Neck - all at an affordable price you won't believe. It's no longer necessary to spend $3500+ on a quality jazz guitar. http://www.RobertConti.com
24 Fret Solid Spruce Top - The Conti Jazz Guitar Is Here!
A fan demos the guitar
Guy Guerra Comments On The Conti Jazz Guitar
Kraken Guitar Hero 9.1
Body: Mahogany AAAA
top cover: Bird's eye maple AAAA
Masti: 3 pcs Maple AAAA + 2 pcs walnut AAAA
Diapason: Bird's eye maple AAAA
Mics: EMG 81/85 push pull
Bridge: floyd rose rise
Clavijreos: Grover locking
24 jumbo frets flat
Colo Amber natural
"Fives" Guthrie Govan By Hittar Cuesta
You can download the PDF tab here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDASZ3A7
and the Guitar Pro tab here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DGM4U5IG
Hey everyone! it's been a long time since my last video, and yes i've been sooo busy with this new temporary job I took for 6 months that i couldn't find a moment to tape a new video; I have also been working with a book which btw i almost finishing... there's a book coming! so please stay tuned! I can't tell you the topict yet, but I can assure you that it will be very useful.. but anyways, here I am bringing you all a new guitar lesson.
In this Lesson I bring you a Lick made specially for Dorian Scale (in the video B Dorian), but you may also use it for a Blues Progression or any minor chord you want to sound different. The main thing is that you have looooot of fun playing it so please enjoy it! All questions and Comments are accepted.
Stay tuned cause there's a new composition coming up! with a really cooool video.
thanks for watching
Tapping Lessons - Matias T Rengel