THEFT ALERT: I'm sorry to report that most of my basses were stolen from my storage unit while I was on tour in South America these past six weeks. I'm hoping you can help me possibly recover them by sharing this post, in which I'll list every bit of info I have on the missing items. They include FIVE (edited-BB) Mike Lull basses:
* Mike Lull Modern 5-string, Red (yes, THAT one, my #1 for 17 years), flame maple top, s/n 266
* Mike Lull Modern 5-string, Brown, fretless, flame maple top, s/n 448
* Mike Lull T-Bass 4-string (the Dethklok bass), black w/white pick guard and black "gear" sticker, no serial number (blank indent in headstock)
* Mike Lull jazz bass 4-string, passive, black w/white pick guard, s/n 513
* (edit - BB) Mike Lull prototype 5-string, translucent black finish, s/n TBA (will get soon)
and these other special items:
* Taylor AB-4 acoustic/electric bass, sunburst, s/n 20010214201
and very sadly:
* Fender P-Bass, sunburst w/white pickguard, s/n unknown - it once belonged to my dear friend Wes Wehmiller
I also am missing an SWR Mo' Bass head, s/n ending in 0002 (the second ever made), and a couple of other items
* Voodoo Labs Amp Selector
* SansAmp PSA-1 Programmable Preamp
* ART Tube Pac Mic Preamp
I am including some pictures of me playing the instruments above. I don't have any pics of me playing that black 4-string Mike Lull jazz bass, but everything else has been around.
The items were located at
18650 Vía Princessa
Canyon Country, CA 91387 USA
(It's a long and winding story as to why there were there, involving international shipping snafus and forest fires and crazy touring schedules.)
They were stolen sometime between November 9 and December 27. I have done a quick search on eBay, Craig's List, and Reverb.com, but I don't see anything. Obviously some of these instruments are very recognizable, but I'm just one person. The power of social media far exceeds anything I could do on my own. If you could be so kind as to share this post with anyone you think could help locate one of these instruments (even if you don't live in the United States; it's possible that these are already headed overseas), I would be most grateful. If you don't feel comfortable making public comments, you can always message me. I will also gladly accept anonymous tips if that feels appropriate.
This is my second time around this particular rodeo. My first was in 1994, when someone stole my 1986 pre-Gibson Tobias out of my North Hollywood apartment. That was my #1 bass at the time. So I get that these are just things, and no one got hurt, and life goes on. That said, if anyone out there can somehow help me locate these items - especially the Red Mike Lull 5-string and the Fender P-Bass - I would be very very thankful.
Be good to each other out there, ok?