So, with that in mind, that is what this new column is about. I will post five of the very best guitar kids every month in a video format and show them off. I would also like several of you teachers to get involved as well and help find these amazing kids out there - and of course, the teacher will get full credit as their master! And man, some of the submissions I've seen so far are unreal! But there's got to be some guidelines here, I don't want 10 million submissions sent to me so if you do that, and send me bulk, you get disqualified immediately! Let the young kids compete, not the old folks!
The Official Site: shredguitarist.org
Submit your videos here: youtube.com/NealsYoungGuns
So, here are the rules:
- Must be 17 or under for the student. Teachers can be any age of course.
- Must be of good quality video.
- Must be performed live. (No Overdubs!)
- Must be an original solo. (Can be a jazz or classical piece that's within the public domain, but it has to be a unique interpretation) I don't want to hear "Stairway To Heaven" or Metallica solos! (I will accept original backing tracks, soloed over of course).
- Only one submission for each student from the parents or teachers a month! If I get bulk, you are disqualified.
- Each video submission must have some information in it like name, name and background of the student, who the teacher is and please tell me why this video is so impressive, or what's the point? Right?
- No duplicate winners once they have won (but teachers can always submit new students.)
- Please no reversed videos! If you play right-handed, I don't want to see someone playing left-handed!
The Official Site: shredguitarist.org Submit your videos here: youtube.com/NealsYoungGuns